PSHE AT BOOKER JUNIOR SCHOOL
At Booker Avenue Junior School we aim to give pupils a range of different opportunities to explore and think about: how we can be a healthy person, including physical, mental and emotional well-being; how we can deal with the difficult issues, such as internet safety and bullying; how we can play a positive role in our school community, thinking about our role as a British citizen and the UNICEF rights of a child.
We want our children to understand that our society in Britain consists of a diverse mix of people from many different cultural and ethnic backgrounds and to provide our children with rich cultural experiences. It is important for them to understand the diverse nature of our school and our local community and how everybody has a right to be given and shown respect.
The aims of personal, social and health education and citizenship are to enable the children to:
· Know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle
· Be aware of how to stay safe, including online
· To recognise British Values
· Understand what makes for good relationships with others
· Have respect for others
· Be independent and responsible members of the school community
· Be positive and active members of a democratic society
· Develop self-confidence and self-esteem, and make informed choices regarding personal and social issues
· Develop good relationships with other members of the school and the wider community